Sunday, March 26, 2017

Beauty on Campus 2


On the day of the ETSU NCAA Playoffs, we got out of class early.  This gave me the opportunity to truly enjoy the campus for the first time since I started last semester.  My life is a whirlwind of appointments, court dates, class, work, kids, etc.  This day, I could walk slowly, pay attention to what was going on around me, and soak up some much-needed peace and quiet.  As I waited for my Cinnamon Dulce Latte at Starbucks, I listened to the students and staff cheer and lament as one.  The unity in that room was precious.  In unison, we celebrated and mourned every play together.  Walking out into the sunny, soon-to-be-Spring day, I felt the wind and sunlight hit my face.  To my left, an adorable girl with pink and white hair was walking with her eyes half closed as she fingered her piano piece, to my left a large group of students jogged through the pride walk.  Walking on to the parking garage, there were students practicing fencing on one side, and the ROTC practicing drills on the other.  All around me, there were diverse groups enjoying their college experience.  I had never experienced such tranquility on campus before.  Finally, I can say that I enjoy campus life.  I may never be able to experience it as I would have when I was younger and time was more available, but that day, I was in awe of this step in my life.  Thank you ETSU for giving me this day.  Thank you, previous Midway students, for choosing my essay.  Thank you, Dr., Wachs, Mr. Hedden, and Dr. Kornwiebel for standing by me during these dark and difficult days so that I could experience this one glorious day.  I pray it stays with me on the days that I am rushing from one class to the next, or from one appointment to another.  God speed, and go Bucs!

No comments:

Post a Comment